[Techtalk] Linux Ergonomics

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Mar 5 01:14:37 EST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003, Subba Rao wrote:
> I am searching for some software that will lockup my linux system(s)
> for every X minutes.  For Windows, I found some software called
> "Oostime" that does exactly that and forces the user to take a break
> from the computer. Is there anything like that for Linux?

Telsa mentioned xwrits, which has configurability coming out its ears.
You want it to beep, flash, twitter, sparkle, explode your computer on
overuse? It has a million punishments available!

An alternative is DrWright: http://drwright.codefactory.se/

DrWright is designed for GNOME 2! It has a few options (length of break,
length of typing period). Its main advantage is being prettier than
xwrits - it turns your screen grey (using alpha blending) and has a nice
little stop sign ;)

-Mary