[Techtalk] Netgear problems

caitlynmaire at earthlink.net caitlynmaire at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 2 15:11:45 EST 2003

Hi, everyone.

I've also had problems with Netgear NICs, their PCMCIA ones in
particular.

I do like their little switches and hubs.  I'm also using a Negear ISDN
router and it works brilliantly.  We don't havecable or DSL available
(of any sort) in this area, but dual channel ISDN is down to $25/month,
so we went that route.  The router brings up the connection whenever an
external request is made, and I can bring it down or program the router
through telnet.  No Windows software needed :)  It's also handling DHCP
and NAT, and does have fairly rudimentary firewall (filtering) options
as well.  Well worth the $36 I spent on eBay :)  I actually have two in
case one fails.

So... while I don't like Netgear NICs, I do like other products :)

All the best,
Caity