[Techtalk] Netgear problems (was: Netgear MA401 and Red Hat 8.0 on an HP laptop)

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Sat Mar 1 11:27:27 EST 2003

On Saturday 01 March 2003 10:10 am, sara wrote:
> So the office is currently divided between Netgear nics in the Soyo
> boards, and Intel nics in the Asus boards.

Ooo, hardware wars! Yay, my turn! Intel, Linksys, and DLink. Don't need no
steenking Netgear, and I appear to have a 3com jinx. I always have trouble
with 3Com products, my friends swear by them. I also like the mainboards with
onboard Intel chips, they perform quite nicely.

I've found that all work fine under Windows, it's a different story in Linux.
I'm not like y'all scientific chix, who collate, analyze and study every darn
thing, ifn it works it works and I'm happy. ;-)

--
Carla Schroder