[Techtalk] Internet connection sharing with linux

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Sun Mar 2 17:15:11 EST 2003

> any tips on how to get this to work the other way round... i.e. what do
> i need to set on my linux box to get it to share connections with a
> win2k box?.... is this also in the newchix archives?

Same principle. Turning on connection sharing on the w2k box has the effect of
setting an ip address on the w2k box. You need to choose a second ip address in
the same range and apply it to your linux box, adding the ip of the w2k box as
the linux box's default gateway. You'll also need to give your linux box other
details such as dns addresses. Getting linux to connection share with windows
is no walk in the park. Win is obstructionist.

As pointed out to me by a good friend, the newchix ml isnt archived - sorry for
the wild goose chase.