[Techtalk] Internet connection sharing with linux

Arashi showercurtain2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 02:40:08 EST 2003

In the latest installment of our networking saga...

My sister and I networked our computers so that we can share a
dial-up internet connection.  Her computer uses Win98 and mine is a
Win2000/RH 8 dual boot, and we're using a cross-over cable.  ATM my
sister can only access the internet if I'm using Win2000.  If I use
RH, I can use the internet but she can't.

What things do I have to configure in RH to fix this?  Do I have to
configure anything else on my sister's computer?  I've googled for
tutorials but most are quite technical(IMHO) and don't cover my
situation.  And the easy-to-understand ones assume all the computers
on the network use the same OS :L  I'd really appreciate your help on
this one.

Thanks
Berenice