[Techtalk] RH9 upgrade problem

Conni ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Mon Jun 23 09:51:39 EST 2003

On Jun 23, Eeva J=E4rvinen conjectured:

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 09:22:11AM -0700, Conni wrote:
> > Is it possible that I have a bad burn?  Or something else completely
> > mangled?
> >=20
>=20
> Type `linux mediacheck' into boot prompt; this runs a self-test.  Or

Tried that, and it started the installation.  Hmm, now I wonder if the
installer is confused, and maybe the flags aren't working?

> md5sum the cds; compare results with md5sums on RH's site.

How do I do that?

Someone else I know suggested that I need to put the PCMCIA driver .img on
a floppy and use that as the driver disk.  This is problematic, because
this machine doesn't have a floppy drive, and it would be a PCMCIA drive
*anyway.*

Coming awfully close to just copying the whole damn thing to
/dev/hda2/RH9/ or something.

~C
(who likes her tiny computer, except when it's being annoying and stupid.)

--=20
I like to live alone, but it's crowded inside sometimes.
    =09=09=09-Gravity Kills

=09=09  www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt