[Techtalk] different X resolutions for different users?

Andrea Landaker qirien at icecavern.net
Sat Jun 21 14:17:45 EST 2003

> I'm using XFree86 on Debian Woody, with KDM as the login manager.  If
> there's no way to do it with KDM, I'd be willing to switch to a different
> login manager, or use text-based logins and run startx.

Hmm, well, this may not be exactly what you want, but you could just have 2
Xservers running on different virtual terminals.  That's just a quick-fix,
though.

One thing that you might find useful is Ctrl-Alt-+ and Ctrl-Alt-- (use numpad
+ and -) -- these zoom in and out at different resolutions (try and see what
I mean; it's easier than explaining it).

--
Andrea Landaker
http://www.icecavern.net/~qirien/