[Techtalk] different X resolutions for different users?

Travis Casey efindel at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 21 15:07:11 EST 2003

Does anyone know if there's any good way to have different users use
different screen resolutions for X on the same machine?  I like to run at
1600x1200, but I'd like my daughter to be able to log in and have a lower
resolution, so the web games she likes to play can occupy more than just a
small part of the screen.

I'm using XFree86 on Debian Woody, with KDM as the login manager.  If
there's no way to do it with KDM, I'd be willing to switch to a different
login manager, or use text-based logins and run startx.

Thanks for any help!

--
       |\      _,,,---,,_     Travis S. Casey  <efindel at earthlink.net>