[Techtalk] USB minidrive support?

Maria Blackmore mariab at cats.meow.at
Fri Jun 20 01:22:36 EST 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Linda Y. Kuo wrote:

> I just bought one made by Belkin - 32MB.
> Will I need to upgrade to 2.4 kernel? All the documentation I found
> on the internet mentions 2.4.

Hi

In all honesty, you probably ought to be using 2.4 by now anyway :)

but yes, you will need to upgrade, the USB backport to 2.2 is less than
stunning in some respects, and 2.4 should include the USB mass storage
support that you need.  I don't know if the Belkin device will need any
extra drivers to make it work, though.  You also ought to keep in mind
that USB mass storage requires SCSI support in order to work.

Good luck :)

Maria