[Techtalk] Open source databases for end-users

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Thu Jun 19 14:03:08 EST 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 01:50:52PM -0600, Andrea Landaker wrote:
> I've found TOra very easy to use, and it works with Oracle & MySQL (
> (http://www.globecom.net/tora/).

Have you used it with MySQL or just Oracle? I looked at their site and
it only mentions Oracle.

> Another good one (even though it's web-based) is phpMyAdmin
> (http://www.phpmyadmin.net/), though I don't think it has spreadsheet-like
> data entry.

Yes, I know. I'll offer that as a possibility, but it isn't quite the
same as a non-Web app.  There's MySQLCC also that I'll check out, but
I'd like to hide stuff more from users, a la Access.

Wasn't there a database that came with StarOffice? Adabas? When I do a
search on it it seems like it's not open source?

Thanks!

Jen