[Techtalk] Could someone help me with a technical report

L J Laubenheimer ljl at rahul.net
Wed Jun 18 22:38:30 EST 2003

Kristen Grubb wrote:

> Brenda Bell <k15a-list-linuxchix at theotherbell.com> wrote:
> Quoting Kristen Grubb :
>

>>I was googling but my search wasn't
>>coming up with what I needed (I think I was searching for the wrong
>>thing :-). )
>

> My brother-in-law calls me the search queen so your comment posed a
> challenge. Still trying to come up with the perfect combo, but
> +linux+news+migration returned a few articles like with titles like "FedEx
> Freight delivers with Linux Web server migration" (see
> http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2002/1118fedlinux.html).
>
> Words like deployment or upgrade might get you some hits.

Add "desktop", "end user", and such to your search.  Check out Sun's Star
Office for the office productivity application side of it.  For
Outlook/Exchange replacement, look at Ximian's offerings.

					Linda
--
Linda J Laubenheimer - UNIX Geek, Sysadmin, Bibliophile and Iconoclast
http://www.modusvarious.com/ - consultants available