[Techtalk] Webmail software

Brenda Bell k15a-list-linuxchix at theotherbell.com
Sat Jun 14 10:26:53 EST 2003

Quoting Brenda Bell <k15a-list-linuxchix at theotherbell.com>:

> Quoting Mary <mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org>:
>
> > I'm trying to provide webmail for some users. I want to install a
> > webmail system that:
> >
> >  - allows users to check their IMAP mail boxes, supports folders
> >
> >  - allows them to compose and send mail
> >

> I switched from SquirrelMail to Horde.

Oops.  My apologies, Mary.  I just realized that Horde also requires
get_text support in PHP which you don't have.  As a matter of fact, after
looking at what get_text does, you may have a hard time finding a WebMail
implementation that meets your needs.  Almost all of them do some sort of
internationalization which is primarily why get_text is required.

Sorry for trying to lead you down the primrose path.

--
Brenda
http://opensource.theotherbell.com