[Techtalk] URL links to PDF using OpenOffice

Subba Rao subba9 at cablespeed.com
Fri Jun 13 08:13:58 EST 2003

On  0, Subba Rao <subba9 at cablespeed.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would like to download a URL into OpenOffice writer and follow some links and
> download them into the same document.  After getting the Web Pages into one
> document I would like to save it as a PDF file.
>
> Can this be done in OpenOffice Writer?
>
> This is what I could do so far.  I can open one web page in the OpenOffice
> writer.  When I click (single or double) the following errors show up on the
> console:
>

> PS - If there are any other tools that would do this more efficiently, please
> let me know.

I just learned how to solve this problem.  This is what I was suggested to do
yesterday,

1. Open the desired Web Page in Mozilla
2. Select the "Print" Menu item
3. Select "Print to file" option (give any name you want for the file)
   * The file is saved as a Postscript file *
4. ps2pdf xyz.ps xyz.pdf

Voila.  Now you have the PDF file.

The only other challenge is, to merge all the Postscript files into one (in
sequence) and then convert them to PDF.

Can Postscript files be merged?

--
Subba Rao