[Techtalk] URL links to PDF using OpenOffice

Subba Rao subba9 at cablespeed.com
Thu Jun 12 16:04:14 EST 2003

Hello

I would like to download a URL into OpenOffice writer and follow some links and
download them into the same document.  After getting the Web Pages into one
document I would like to save it as a PDF file.

Can this be done in OpenOffice Writer?

This is what I could do so far.  I can open one web page in the OpenOffice
writer.  When I click (single or double) the following errors show up on the
console:

============
pcarlos at myhost:~$ soffice
/usr/lib/netscape/netscape: line 120: /usr/local/office/program/run-mozilla.sh: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/netscape/netscape: line 120: exec: /usr/local/office/program/run-mozilla.sh: cannot execute: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/netscape/netscape: line 120: /usr/local/office/program/run-mozilla.sh: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/netscape/netscape: line 120: exec: /usr/local/office/program/run-mozilla.sh: cannot execute: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/netscape/netscape: line 120: /usr/local/office/program/run-mozilla.sh: No such file or directory

I am running OpenOffice version 1.0.3 on Slackware 9.

Any help appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

PS - If there are any other tools that would do this more efficiently, please
let me know.
--
Subba Rao
subba9 at cablespeed.com