Negativity (Re: [Techtalk] Top posting discussion)

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Wed Jul 9 11:17:34 EST 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 05:33:11PM +1000, Mary wrote:
> No admin wearing their "admin hat" has posted to say anything one way or
> the other, so no, no kind of policy is being enforced.

Look out, it's coming!

<admin hat>

The only policy, as far as linuxchix is concerned, is that you clip as much
as possible.  This is nice not only for our hosts, but also the many people
on modems, paying a fair bit for internet access (esp by time), with small
mail quotas (and believe me, there are plenty of this type judging from past
bounce noticies), with small hard drives, etc.

</admin hat>

I believe that used to be in the FAQ somewhere, although I'm not sure which
one.

Either way, now you know. :)

As far as Linuxchix is concerned, top posting, inline posting, or bottom
posting really makes no difference if you're only ever quoting a smallish
number of lines of text.  Remember: we all have access to the archives, so
if someone becomes confused due to lack of context, she/he can always look
up the older posts.

 Terri