[Techtalk] Learning distro: Gentoo or Linux From Scratch

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Tue Jul 8 10:57:09 EST 2003

Caitlyn Martin writes:
> Is it me, or is RH9 really buggy?  8.0 was remarkably good for a .0

Not just you.  We've tried it on about five machines now, and it hasn't
worked smoothly on any of them.  We've had lots of hangs in the
installer (sometimes just the right sequence of actions can get you
past that), failure to read the CDROM at all (on Vaios), systems that
installed but wouldn't boot, and systems that booted but things didn't
work right (pieces missing, hardware not configured).  All these systems
worked fine with 7.3 and/or 8.0.

	...Akkana