[Techtalk] Network Printing Help Needed: RH, CUPS, LPD, MacOSX, Oh My!

Helen Rosseau hrosseau at vistar.ca
Fri Jan 31 14:37:29 EST 2003

A very straight forward way would be to share them via samba from the machine
that is physically connected to them.  This is from my machines samba config.
And this printer shows shared on the windows network as hp5100, after my
linux box is double clicked from network neighbourhood.

You must restart smb and nmb after you make changes to the smb.conf  file.  On
my Suse 8.0 box, this is in /etc/samba/smb.conf

[hp5100]
        path = /var/tmp
        read only = No
        create mask = 0600