[Techtalk] 3D pictures in browsers

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Tue Jan 28 12:32:07 EST 2003

I vote for VRML too. I haven't used it very much; I just played with it
several years ago. (Even then there was nothing to install in the browser.)
The language is plain text that you can code by hand. In addition, it
allows you to draw a whole sphere or cube in one line. (Other languages,
like OpenGL, require you to draw each face of the cube and approximate the
sphere as a bunch of polygons.) The support for spheres and cylinders may
make it especially appropriate for molecules.

========== Dan Richter ============== mailto:Dan at wimba.com ===========
    Many hacker groups, in anonymous interviews with Mi2g, have
    said that they prefer attacking Linux systems and very rarely
    target anything running Windows, simply because to do so is
    far too easy...
      - Jan Andresen, computer security expert at Mi2g
        (a computer security consulting firm)