[Techtalk] email question

Carlo Hamalainen ch at uqconnect.net
Fri Jan 24 08:26:27 EST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, P Casper wrote:
> Way back when (college), we used to use "from" on the command line to do
> that, but I haven't been able to find the utility to install it on my
> system.

I remember using 'frm' and 'nfrm' and also can't find these anymore.
However, I found the New Mail Notification FAQ at
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/mail/notification.html
while Googling for 'nfrm'...

Even better than using nfrm is that bash/ksh/tcsh appear to have automatic
checking built in. A shell variable changes depending on whether a mail
file has been modified.

Also, the frm/nfrm thing appears to be part of Elm.

-- Carlo