[Techtalk] The PC from Hell

Lucky Lady needlesschatter at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 13:01:02 EST 2003

Hi all,

It seems as though my test backup PC is possessed.
With my PCI SIS video card, PCI NIC card, PCI Adaptec
29160 SCSI card (all listed on Red Hat's HCL) you
would think the 8.0 install would be a breeze. Wrong!

When I was prompted to insert Disk #2, my CD driver no
longer funtioned. I think there is some internal
bickering going on (perhaps the daughterboards are
fighting for the motherboard's attention). The CD
drive works fine otherwise.

I decided to take the easy way out & install 8.0 on
another PC & all works fine. Thanks again to Erin &
Alvin for their help.

DaLy