[Techtalk] SUSE 8.1 PATH?

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Sat Jan 18 23:16:15 EST 2003

Gretchen,

on a SUSe 7.3 machine i use (but do not administrate) i found these two
lines in /etc/profile :

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01
export PATH=${PATH}:${JAVA_HOME}/bin:[various unrelated things]

(I use java primarily from a Windows environment and I don't really know
much unix (YET!) so this is about the limit of assistance I can give
alas.)

HTH!
Rachel