[Techtalk] dealing with debian (mozilla)

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Mon Jan 6 15:29:11 EST 2003

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Ach! I thought I was too but then I went and checked my sources list
> and I was running stable. Feh. Just changed it around so that I'm now
> running unstable (and commented out the stable bits so that I wasn't
> running both).

If you have both in there, apt wil select the newest possible version if
there are two choices (ie if stable has 1. and unstable 1.2, then apt
will install 1.2) so it isn't much of a problem to have both. However,
deleting the stable lines will save you having to download them every
time you 'apt-get update'.

-Mary