[Techtalk] Netgear MA401 and Red Hat 8.0 on an HP laptop

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Fri Feb 28 23:45:56 EST 2003

I'm trying to get a newly bought Netgear MA401 to work on a RH 8.0
installation (on an HP laptop). These are the facts I know:

1) The hardware works just fine - the card and all work fine under
windows on the same box
2) Neither the wvlan_cs or the orinoco_cs drivers seem to work (even
though I can find reference to either or both of them working in
various places).
3) I tried adding the device name, manfid and what driver to bind in
/etc/pcmcia/config, and that didn't work.

I get "unsupported card in slot 0" (or 1) in /var/log/messages,
nothing shows up in dmesg when I put the card in (I also get a low
toned beep, which I hear is bad)

I'm stuck. Ideas?
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
tech at murrain.net     http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575

"A vocation is where the world's hunger & your great gladness meet."
Frederick Buechner

XINA version 0.6 is out! http://www.xinasoft.org