[Techtalk] Re: Tip for buying old hardware

Brenda Bell k15a-list-linuxchix at theotherbell.com
Fri Feb 21 16:02:10 EST 2003

Quoting Vera Childs <vera at dc-vc.net>:

> It was
> fine for
> throwing different OS's on for testing purposes.

Don't stop there... I needed a firewall solution and didn't really
know what I was looking for as far as functionality went -- so I
pulled a supposedly worthless 386 out of a closet, slammed an old disk
drive in it that was too small for anything else and installed NetBSD
Firewall.  It's been humming along for about 12 months with one
deliberate reboot to hook it up to a new UPS.

--
Brenda
http://opensource.theotherbell.com