[Techtalk] opinions on RBLs, please

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Thu Feb 20 00:51:06 EST 2003

At 2/19/03 11:43 PM , Carla Schroder wrote:
>Thanks everyone, that's great feedback. Now for something that has me
>seriously puzzled: why don't spammers bomb postmaster accounts? Every domain
>has one. I've had my domains dictionary-bombed. But never postmaster.

Maybe it's actually occurred to them that if they spam
"postmaster at foobar.dom", nothing more from that address, envelope sender,
or possibly even that IP will get to *anyone* at foobar.dom?

Maybe they've realized postmasters are more likely to be able to decode
their forged headers and figure out where they're coming from/through?

Just the first two thoughts off the top of my head.

                                                 --Kai MacTane