[Techtalk] Linux for Presentations HOWTO

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at commsecure.com.au
Mon Feb 17 16:10:23 EST 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 03:00:16PM +1100, Mary wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2003, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> > Does the '-D' option not do what you want? Typically, you just run
> >
> > 	mgp -D html-dir my-talk.mgp
> >
> > and it runs through the talk, generating an html image (both large and
> > small) for each slide. Each large image then goes on a page by itself
> > and all the small images (which are 400x300) are put into the index.html
> > page as links to the larger image page.
>
> I despise that particular option. The first reason is that it seems to
> use a *screen dump* to generate the large images - whatever res your
> screen is, that's the size of the big images.

Ah. That one you can fix by using the -g option. Although it scales the
"small" images similarly to be 1/4 the size of the large images, you can
work around that by just running 'convert' over the larger images (only
after reading your response did I remember that I had a shell script
that used to do that).

So, mgp -g 750x500 -D html-dir my-talk.mgp mostly does the trick.

> The second is that I'd really like text output to be text.

Reasonable point.

Malcolm

--
I intend to live forever - so far so good.