[Techtalk] Linux for Presentations HOWTO

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Mon Feb 17 16:00:16 EST 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> Does the '-D' option not do what you want? Typically, you just run
>
> 	mgp -D html-dir my-talk.mgp
>
> and it runs through the talk, generating an html image (both large and
> small) for each slide. Each large image then goes on a page by itself
> and all the small images (which are 400x300) are put into the index.html
> page as links to the larger image page.

I despise that particular option. The first reason is that it seems to
use a *screen dump* to generate the large images - whatever res your
screen is, that's the size of the big images.

The second is that I'd really like text output to be text.

The mgp2html script that I talked about seems to produce output like:
http://pig.slug.org.au/talks/Numeric/slides.html which is pretty ugly,
but does seem to be text. Emma might be able to make something like
that, but better :)

-Mary