[Techtalk] improving computer usage in schools

sara neuroticia at neuroticia.net
Wed Feb 12 14:16:55 EST 2003

Hm. I can't think of any integrated ones, but I know I used Yellowdog
Linux on an old powermac as a server, and it was a powerful little
server. (Outpaced a Windows server with MANY more resources) It was very
easy to set up to run alongside OS 7/8. So if you could get them to
allow you to install Yellowdog, that might work. Yellowdog also comes
with a lot of great apps, some of which might interest kids.

Unfortunatly, it's still an x86-based world out here in geekdom.

You could always try to come up with a CD-based distro of Yellowdog.
*grin* Or suggest the idea of it to the folks over at Yellowdog--they're
rather nice and accommodating.

-Sara