[Techtalk] improving computer usage in schools

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Wed Feb 12 12:57:18 EST 2003

I just handed a Knoppix Jr. disk to our principal last week.
Unfortunately it only runs on Intel processors.  Someone's missing a
major boat here:  there are tons of schools with old Macs that could use
a Linux distro geared for kids, and would live to see a livecd but all
the well-integrated projects I've looked at only work on Intel. We need
something that will work on PPC!  Anyone know of one?

regards,
Beth
who has major plans for an old box running RedHat and Apache to do a
WiKi at her kids' elementary school
--
  /\/\    Beth Johnson
 / o o\   Cosmic Wonderer