[Techtalk] webalizer stats and ?query strings

Raquel Rice raquel at thericehouse.net
Thu Feb 6 21:05:04 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:20:58 -0500
Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane at xtrinsic.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 03:01:36PM -0500, Katie Bechtold wrote:
> > It seems to come down to two choices:
> >
> > 1. Use the mod_rewrite Apache module to rewrite URLs like
> > 2. Edit webalizer.c, adding the '&', '?', and '=' characters to
> > the"isurlchar()" function, and recompile.
>
> UGH! Neither of these are really options for me....does anyone
> know of another Open Source stats package that can deal with URL
> query strings?
>
> emma
>
> --
> Emma Jane Hogbin

Aside from the Webalizer problems you're encountering, there are
other "problems" with creating dynamic web sites using "?" and "&".
Most of the big search engines will not index sites with an "?" in
the URL.  mod_rewrite really is your friend here ... and it fixes
the Webalizer problems.

--
Raquel
The USA has been quick to voice its condemnation of human rights