[Techtalk] webalizer stats and ?query strings

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Thu Feb 6 14:55:10 EST 2003

Hey all:

I'm not sure if anyone else uses webalizer for stats munging...I've got a
problem that I could use some help with though.

A web site that I set up uses ?query=strings to pull up unique pages from
a database. Unfortunately Webalizer strips out the query strings and
pretends the templates are all the same content.

http://ftpd.maytree.com/reports/usage_200212.html#TOPURLS
Notice that the top viewed page is "resource_view.phtml" ...but it doesn't
tell me /which/ resources were most viewed.

Page URLs actually look like this:
http://ftpd.maytree.com/resources_view.phtml?resid=148&catsid=9

Does anyone know how I can tweak Webalizer to show this data? I'm using
version: Webalizer V2.01-10 (FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE) English

thanks!

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin