[Techtalk] Desktop support sucks

Tracey Clark grrliegeek at elenari.net
Mon Dec 22 15:28:25 EST 2003

And it was said by Pamela Talene Hale-->
> I am stuck supporting win2k desktops here (even though I was told that
> "another group takes care of that for us" in my interviews...), and I
> have a dilemma.

Have you checked to see if you can get extra pay for doing things that
were not in your original job description? Just curious ;)

> I need to fix it so that ALL the files these people save are stored on
> the network.  Moving the "my documents" folder was no problem, of
> course, but isn't there a way to move the Desktop as well?

There is. The files you are looking for are under:
c:\Documents and Settings\$profilename

Where $profilename is their Windows login id. However, I'm not sure how
to tell your login profile to use a folder on the network for that
instead of a local folder.

--
Tracey
Linux Counter #264789