[Techtalk] Re: lynx cookies

Raven Alder raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Thu Dec 18 03:04:48 EST 2003

Heya --

Quoth Ricky Buchanan (Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 10:27:51PM +1100):
> How do I get Lynx to save cookies between sessions?  It SAVES them - I
> can see the jar in .lynx/cookies - but it doesn't reuse them.
>
> Eg always have to log in to livejournal.
> Any fixes???

	What version of Lynx are you using?  In the default compile up
until 2.8, there just isn't this feature.

http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/lhfb.html#FI

	The latest available is v2.8.4.  But if you compile your own
Lynx with the --enable-persistent-cookies flag, then unexpired cookies
will be stored between sessions in the filename set with the COOKIE_FILE
option in your .lynxrc.

http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-4/lynx_help/Lynx_users_guide.html

Cheers,
Raven