[Techtalk] glibc upgrade?

johnston at pat.biochem.ucl.ac.uk johnston at pat.biochem.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Dec 17 20:12:36 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to install something in RedHat8 that requires libxml2 and libxslt.
I've got .rpms of these, but libxml2 apparently requires libpthread.so which is
apparently in glibc2.3.2. Does this mean I have to upgrade the whole of glibc?
I've not had to mess about with c libraries yet, and I'm a bit unsure about
doing anything drastic. Can anyone suggest a good source of basic help? Have
looked at the GNU glibc manual and it just scared me ;)

Cassxx