[Techtalk] Anybody out there?

anthony at futurepoint.com anthony at futurepoint.com
Sat Dec 6 15:47:02 EST 2003

> Describe away.
>
> You'd get much more help much faster if you described in the same email
> as you asked "anyone out there?" ;)

That goes along with the entire "don't ask to ask" type thing. ;)

> "Caving in on all fronts" sounds scary. Like hard-drive-dying scary, or
> hacked-box scary. First thing I'd do is back up whatever you can (new
> backup--don't overwrite backup media!!!) just in case something's on its
> way out. Always better safe than sorry.

Reminds me of how fast my system went down because of a poorly chosen
tweak to hdparm several months ago. Since then I have my laptop backed up
with rsync on a nightly basis. It's not usually the fault of the hardware,
but since I tend to be a compulsive reconfiguror, it's essential.

On the subject of hard drives, can anyone recommend a good 40-60GB 7200RPM
 hard drive for a laptop that wont cost me a fortune?

---
Best Regards,
Anthony Gorecki