[Techtalk] Re: Install problem

Hanlie Pretorius hpretorius at pnp.co.za
Wed Aug 13 11:02:02 EST 2003

Thanks for the help, Carla.

When I tried your suggestion, I got the following error:
"ERROR: No configurations found ... aborting"

I guess there's something wrong with the file I donwloaded.

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 11:43 pm, Hanlie Pretorius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've extraxted the tar file to install Acrobat Reader for Linux and
this
> creates an INSTALL file. The intsallation instructions say I must now
> run this script.
>
> When I type "INSTALL" at the command prompt, I get an error: "bash:
> INSTALL: command not found".
>
> Whem I try "make INSTALL", I get "make: Nothing to be done for
> `INSTALL'".
>
> How do I run this script? The file's permissions include the execute
> permission.

=46rom the directory the install script is in, run ./install. And of
course=
 mind=20
your cases.  :)

"Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/email-disclaimer.htm"