[Techtalk] Fonts in GTK2 Menu

Random832 random832 at rcbooks.org
Tue Apr 29 22:05:24 EST 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 08:45:32PM -0400, Glen Strom wrote:
> I'm just about ready to bang my head against the nearest solid, vertical
> object. I've been trying to find the answer to how to change the default
> font for menus in GTK2 apps. It looks like it's about an 8-point
> something and I'm going blind looking at it. Adjusting it with Gnome2
> won't help because I'm using icewm and Gnome adjustments have no
> effect (I tried it). Is there a GTK2 equivalent to Qt's Qtconfig? If
> there is, I haven't found it.
>
> Any ideas, or should I just accept my slow descent into madness? ;->

using gconf-editor might work (probably not, if "gnome adjustments" have
no effect) , or you could try bugging people in #gtk on gimpnet to see
if anyone will give up The Secrets to the gtkrc-2.0 format. might also
try changing your server's DPI setting, though that's a hack (will
probably work, though)

btw, what's qtconfig?