[Techtalk] pop3 logging to /var/log/messages...

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Sat Apr 26 13:06:39 EST 2003

I was setting up a new server and discovered that
every time pop3 email is checked, it writes this
bit of info to /var/log/messages...

My current server does not do this because I've
happily switched to qmail, so I am unfamiliar
with how to correct/change this behavior on a
"normal" Redhat 7.3 system.

There is no option in /etc/xinetd.d/popa3d to turn
off logging or redirect it.

Where do I look to change this functionality...?

Thanks,
Walt

-~

     Contemporary literature can be classified under three headings;
     the neurotic, the erotic and the tommy-rotic.
                         W. Giese