[Techtalk] RedHat 8.0 dualboot with Windows XP

samantha.blackmon.1 blackmos at purdue.edu
Thu Apr 17 07:54:07 EST 2003

Chantal-
I am running XP and RH 8.0 with no problems. I used Partition Magic to
create a 30 GB partition and then I did the install. RH recognized all
of the partitions and installed beautifully. I have been doing this with
various versions of RH and Windows for about 5 years and have never had
an install go bad (now older versions of Mandrake were a different story
for me). The installation GUI will walk you through installing
(including where to install GRUB) without much problem. Just be sure to
read everything carefully, back up your important files on the Windows
partition, and create a Windows boot disk just in case.

Samantha