[Techtalk] documentation for projects

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Wed Apr 16 13:10:16 EST 2003

Hey all:

One of the lists that I'm on recently had a thread on documenting
projects. I can't remember if it was this one or not. There was a back and
forth about documentation written before the fact vs. documentation
written during the process vs. documentation written after the fact. I'm
also trying to track down a thread that was on documentation of database
structures, but I'm also positive it wasn't here.

[Context: I'm working on a project that's getting bigger and bigger. I
don't want to leave all documentation writing to the very end, but I can't
remember what people had to say about keeping the documentation in sync
with development, etc. I typically have good comments in my code, but
that's not documentation, it's just comments in my code. I think it was
the prog list that was talking about comments in code vs. documentation
recently, but that's not the thread I'm looking for.]

Was it this list, or elsewhere?

thanks!

emma
PS Of course if it wasn't here but you have a few cents to throw a the
topic I'd love to hear what you've got to say.

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]