[Techtalk] Can't umount floppy

Berenice showercurtain2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 05:49:32 EST 2003

I sometimes get the "can't unmount - device is busy" message when I
try to umount my floppy. I didn't know what to do when this happened
the other day, so I ejected the disk and discovered today I'd lost
everything on it.  Luckily I have a copy of the files on the hard
drive.

I've checked that I'm not inside the /mnt/floppy directory and that
I'm not using any files on my floppy when I do umount.  What should I
do when I need to turn off the computer but can't umount?  Does RH
automatically umount when it's shutting down?

Thanks
Berenice