[Techtalk] I lost my filesystem

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Mon Apr 14 09:48:46 EST 2003

On Monday 14 April 2003 9:36 am, Robyn Manning wrote:
> I was saying in my message that if grub was like lilo there was stuff in
> the boot record that needed changing.

And you were right.

> Thanks for the link to the tutorial on grub. I tried it about 1 1/2
> years ago without a tutorial and couldn't fathom it. I'm quite happy to
> try new things it's just that I learned lilo first that's all.
>
> Robyn

Heh, I didn't mean to sound like LILO users are inferior. I never liked LILO
so I was ready for something new. The GRUB manual is pretty good, it should
take care of most user's *nix issues. It's weak on booting Windows, and
multibooting, so I covered that in-depth in my tutorial. If IBM will hurry up
and publish the dern thing...

signed, wants instant gratification now