[Techtalk] running linux from external usb hdd?

iriXx dev_null at iriXx.org
Mon Apr 7 14:35:57 EST 2003

hi all

sorry long time no see. been doing disastrous things like blowing up my
old thinkpad!!!.... major panic, i nearly lost my book which was on the
hdd. luckily i only blew the power fuse tho, was able to transplant the
hdd into an external USB caddy.

now i have a 20Gb spare drive and a new baby (a dell latitude cpx, yum
:) so im wondering if i can run linux from an external hdd? it would be
much easier than doing the whole partition magic thing, altho i got a
copy of pm 8.0 just in case.... am running windows Borg Edition XP now
which i really dont like... have to keep it for work tho (erk) so i
wanna try getting GNU/Linux onto this machine asap :).

any ideas?

bw
m~
--
  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

  .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.

             gnupg key ID: AEB7A31E