[Techtalk] Re:Sylpheed-Configuring e-mail Web-url location

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Sep 30 08:24:53 EST 2002

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 10:16:46AM -0400 or thereabouts, Andrew wrote:
> 	There is a dialog box in Sylpheed in the "Configuration" menu, next is
> a "Common Preferences" slection, next is "other" which has a drop down
> menu containing a place to type in your choice of browser. Pre-set are
> Netscape Moz, Konq. This is the box we are all talking about.
> 	I put, in that text box "/usr/lib/mozilla_1.1/./mozilla" That is
> the path I use for Icons in KDE and use to start Mozilla from the
> terminal. No joy yet.

I see a pile of other messages, so someone may have already
suggested this. But in case not...

That "mozilla" might be a shell script. That shell script might
have relative paths in it. Sylpheed is not 'in' that directory,
so the relative paths won't make sense.

If it's a shell script, then um. The way I used to do this
kind of thing is to have a slightly different line in that
text box: "cd /wherever/it/lives ; mozilla". You might try
that.

(Note the single dot means "this directory" so you can abbreviate
it to /usr/lib/mozilla_1.1/ safely.)

Telsa