[Techtalk] Sylpheed-Configuring e-mail Web-url location

Carsten Dan mail at cdan.dk
Fri Sep 27 14:50:27 EST 2002

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 02:32:57 -0400
Andrew <showork at adelphia.net> wrote:

> 	I have found the greatest e-mail program "sylpheed". It is a keeper, I've used it for a few hours and love it. It's very fast and mostly easy to set up...

yep, a bit more responsive than Evolution, though not as many features.

> One problem;
> 	When I highlight a URL, and up pops a window that asks which browser to use...I want to use Mozilla. It has 3-4 other browser choices that work, but I want my Mozilla. It lists Mozilla as a choice but my new install of Mozilla is I guess in a different place. How can I point this web-url "thingy" to my new mozilla install?
> 	There is a setting in Sylpheed for browsers in "common preferences" under "other" I do not fully understand. It reads Mozilla-remote 'openURL(%s,raise)'. The other browsers are listed also, so this must be the place. How do I change it to read Mozilla (which may now be in a new or different location than usual.)

I have "mozilla -remote 'openURL(%s)'" ...
Find out whether the binary ('mozilla') is in your path; it should be.
I don't use raise (and it didn't work for me anyhow =) ).

/cdan
- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

Carsten Dan <mail at cdan.dk> --- http://cdan.dk
GPG public key at http://www.keyserver.net
(Outlook-users: http://www.winpt.org/gpgoe.html)