[Techtalk] Another Sylpheed Question

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Sun Sep 29 14:38:30 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 19:18, Glen Strom wrote:
> I'm able to get the compose screen in Sylpheed to open when I click on a
> mail address on a web page, but I can't get the person's address to show
> up in the To: box.
>
> I have this entry in Opera:
> syplheed --compose
>
> What would I need to add to that to get the email address?

I know this isn't precisely the correct answer for you, but I had
problems launching Evolution from a mailto link in Opera until I
happened across this on the evo list:
make a shell script:

#! /bin/bsh
/usr/bin/evolution --no-splash "mailto:$1"

and call *this* from Opera as the mailto handler.  Perhaps something
similar would work for Sylpheed?

regards,
Beth
who found the correct "print from Opera to Samba printer" string as
well!
--
  /\/\    Beth Johnson
 / o o\   Cosmic Wonderer