[Techtalk] Over-zealous spam filtering (by Raven's ISP?)

Raven Brooke linuxchiq at linuxchiq.com
Sun Sep 22 21:15:39 EST 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Christina Zeeh wrote:
<snip>

> As soon as Raven (or anyone else you're providing with an email
> address) decides to participate in a discussion on a mailing lists or
> other forums that are as international as LinuxChix, there is a good
> chance that someone with a banned email address will reply.

I do not recall that membership on these lists required making myself
available off-list to anyone who cared to hail me. In point of fact that
has happened, in all the time I have been here (and I was here before we
became an autonomous collective, so that puts it back a bit) exactly
twice. Based on the amount of time i have spent manually discarding spam
and virii sent to the list, I believe it is obvious that my filtering
unsolicited email will not affect anyone who replies to me here.

I am sorry that LinuxChix as a whole has deemed itself the judge of my
administration of my own servers. I have been very glad to participate in
the give and take of these lsits, happily vonlunteered my time to tend to
administrative tasks on more than one of them, and been standing by from
the beginning to assist with any web chores that needed doing.
Unortunately, the name-calling and abuse I have put up with the past few
days with regard to what is essentially none of your business is
unpleasant enough to cause me to withdraw. The internet is too big and too
full of fruitful linux/technical/programming discussion to put up with
this treatment.

I hope you will all have fun, and play nice.

Bye,

Raven