[Techtalk] Services on certain interfaces

k clair kclair at serve.com
Fri Sep 20 11:29:32 EST 2002

It is my impression that with most services you can have them bind to
a specific IP address on the interface... just a matter of figuring out
how.

According to man mysqld, you can pass mysqld a command line option:
--bind-address=IP
I'm sure there's a line you could put in my.cnf as well...

kristina