[Techtalk] Services on certain interfaces

Katie Bechtold katie at katie-and-rob.org
Fri Sep 20 11:23:10 EST 2002

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 04:50:00PM +0200, BUNTER MATTHEW wrote:
> Is there a way to have for example MySQL and Apache listen on only one
> interface and not both my ppp connection AND the internal connection?

Yes.  The "how" part of the answer depends, I think, on whether you
have these servers running as standalone servers or under a
superserver like inetd, xinetd, or tcpserver.

The only specific advice I can give is for Apache running as a
standalone server.  In that case, you want to look at the Listen
directive:
	http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#listen

You would set the Listen directive to include the IP address
associated with your internal interface, and voila.  So you would
have something like this in your httpd.conf:

Listen 192.168.0.5:80

Hope that helps at least a little!

--
Katie Bechtold