[Techtalk] More wireless

Davis, Jennifer JDavis at JUSTICE.GC.CA
Fri Sep 20 11:06:07 EST 2002

I was thinking about wireless again.  The neighbourhood wireless net is a
big undertaking, and maybe a little quixotic.  I will put it off until my
knowledge improves (hmm maybe in a couple of semesters) and technology gets
easier to use, but I do want to set up my laptop to be carried around the
house without having to off the network or having to switch from one jack to
another...

I don't want to buy a wireless router as I already have a router, it's a
P200 running Slackware, and I am really happy with it.  Can I just add a
wireless card to the Slack PC and give it an IP and have the router machine
assign the IP to the laptop?  Am I not taking everything into account?

Jenn